We’re all guilty of spending the weekend in a pair of tracksuit bottoms and a hooded top, but dressing down doesn’t have to mean dressing down-and-out: With this spring’s most wearable trends, you don’t have to forfeit comfort for style.
Team a pair of must-have wide-leg trousers with a simple cotton shirt or slip into an easy-to-wear denim skirt. Then finish the look with a pair of this season’s must have footwear, lipstick colour or statement clutch – and you’re good to go!
Here are our top 5 tips on dressing down with style this spring.
1. Team a pair of easy-to-wear wide leg trousers with your favourite white trainers (we love Stan Smiths)
Photo: Splash News via WhoWhatWear
2. Tuck a simple cotton shirt into a flattering pair of high waisted flares (if Elle’s doing it, who are we to question!)
3. You can’t go wrong with a classic blue and white Breton stripe jumper (year, after year, after year)
Photo: STEAL THE LOOK
4. Treat yourself to an a-line denim skirt which looks great on fuller figures (pair with a cropped sweater or tuck in your white shirt)
5. Wear your basic get-up with a statement jacket like this sporty bomber for immediate ‘oomph’
Photo: Stockholm Street Style